By Ole & Marijana
Mikao Usui, a significant late-19-century figure, was a man of extraordinary spiritual aspirations and abilities. His story about Reiki starts in Japan.
There is information since the ancient times that introduced the use of Universal Energy (“rei” – universal, “ki” – energy) to us. Spiritual teachers around the world (from China, India, Tibet Rome…) used Reiki to heal both spiritual and physical problems. However, that knowledge was “forgotten” for a long time because it was reserved for privileged spiritual leaders only. Having the insight into that knowledge, Mikao Usui devoted a considerable part of his life to exploring how Reiki might be reused. His spiritual journey took him towards Mount Kurama in Japan, where he spent 21 days meditating and fasting. He had a vision in which he saw Reiki symbols and found out the way how to spread Reiki, i.e. he received the attunement. Thanks to his systematisation and foundation of the whole concept, today we know how to attune others (align them with Life Energy) or perform the healing (channeling Universal Energy).
Reiki principles are simple and universally useful:
- Just for today I will not worry.
- Just for today I will not be angry.
- Just for today I will work honestly.
- Just for today I will be grateful.
- Just for today I will be kind to others.
- Cho Ku Rei – the power symbol
- Sei Hei Ki – the mental/emotional symbol
- Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen – the distance healing symbol
- Dai Ko Mio – the master symbol
- Raku – the disconnection symbol